Hey everyone! Welcome to another installment of the SAHD Cooking. Today, we’ll cook pork tocino. This is a dish from the Philippines. I think they eat this for breakfast, but we usually have it for dinner. It’s basically bacon and egg. Also, I didn’t make this one from scratch. I just picked up a package from the Asian grocery store for about $5. Check out the video at the end of the post!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- A package of pork tocino from the Asian grocery store.
- 1 to 2 eggs
- salad greens
- a skillet – I love my Lodge carbon steel skillet. It is so much better than a nonstick pan and I can use a metal spatula on it. Also, I can stick this in the oven to finish off a steak. It’s a great skillet.
*I add these links to Amazon so you can see what the ingredients look like. These items should be much cheaper at your local grocery stores. These are affiliate links and we may receive a referral fee if you buy something from Amazon.
- Take the pork tocino out of the package and cut it up a bit if you’d like.
- Turn the stove on and set it to medium and warm up the skillet.
- Add pork tocino to the pan and spread it out a bit.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan.
- Let it cook until the water evaporated. This takes 5-10 minutes. You may need to adjust the heat.
- Add a little oil.
- Cook the pork until it turns reddish.
- Remove from the pan.
- Cook the egg sunny side up.
- Put rice on a plate, then pork tocino, then add the egg on top. Add some salad on the side if you’d like.
Video at YouTube
Please hit the Like button for RB40Jr!
Source: Retire By 40
Republished by Blog Post Promoter