Do you want to create your own online store? We know that creating them from scratch can be a terrifying thought, especially if you don’t have technical experience. We’ve decided to create a short, comprehensive guide to help beginners and professionals start an ecommerce website using WordPress.
Domain & Web Hosting
First, you’ll need to have a registered domain and hosting platform in order to make your first store. You’ll need two of the following:
- Domain.name – This is the store’s unique address when your consumer searches for it on the internet. It should appear like YOURSTORE.com.
- Web Hosting is a remote computer that saves the website and then shows it to whoever finds it. (Think of sites like HostGator.com, SiteGround, BlueHost, etc.).
You’ll have to brainstorm to come up with a good domain name. You want your domain name to be catchy, unique, and easy to remember. And if you have a business entity behind the store already, you should use that as a domain name.
After registering with a reputable web hosting company, you can finally install WordPress! Verify your web host’s email and go to your user panel. There, an option that says “Install WordPress” is there to help you get started.
Press it and go through the on-screen instructions. They’ll show the process step-by-step so you won’t have any issues setting up.
Now, you should have a blank WordPress site installed.
- Find it by going to the main domain name (i.e., YOURSTORE.com)
- Login to the admin panel by pressing YOURSTORE.com/wp-admin
You have successfully created a blank WordPress page! This means you turn it into an interesting store through the WooCommerce plugin.
To install the WooCommerce plugin, do the following:
WordPress Dashboard > Plugin > Add New
You’ll be able to find the Dashboard tab on the left side of the screen. Click that and go to the Plugins page. Once you’re there, type “woocommerce” in the search field. You’ll find WooCommerce as a result.
Then, click the install button that’s next to the plugin. After a few seconds, click the “Activate” button. When directed to WooCommerce’s launch section, they’ve made the process easy for first-time users. Just press “Let’s Go!” and you’ve finished the installation process!
First, you need to create the pages needed to attract users to your site.
- Set up a location: In this section, you need to describe where your business is located and the preferred currency for the site (Dollars, Euros, Pounds, etc.).
- Sales Tax: Select if you’re going to be shipping physical goods to your clients. With Woocommerce, it helps you find out how much sales tax you’ll charge (click the main box to include it). Press “Continue” and move onto the next step.
- Create a Payment Method (Recommended: PayPal): When you make your site’s payment method, choose the one that your customers are most likely to use. Click the site’s checkboxes and select PayPal and Stripe to integrate your site with some popular payment methods!
Making an ecommerce website using WordPress is inexpensive and is a great way to get your first product noticed. With WordPress, WooCommerce, and other helpful plugins, you’ll be able to expand your business and maintain your online shop. Conclusively, get started with WordPress to digitize your shop and allow more people to buy your products regardless of the location.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter