Hey everyone! Welcome to another installment of the SAHD recipe. Today, we’ll make a very easy vegetarian meal – Jackfruit BBQ sandwich. We made this in a crockpot because I’m lazy. You can also cook it in a pot or big saucepan.
We made a video for this dish and RB40Jr is asking for 11 Likes. Please hit the Like button on YouTube for him!
*See video at the end of the post.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours in the crockpot
This makes about 3 servings.
- A can of green Jackfruit. I got one from Trader Joe’s. You can also occasionally find green jackfruit at the Asian market.
- 1/2 onion – minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of chili pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
*I add these links to Amazon so you can see what the ingredients look like. These items should be much cheaper at your local grocery stores.
- Drain the green jackfruit.
- Put everything into the crockpot and mix well.
- Set the crockpot on low for about 4 hours.
- The jackfruit should be soft after 4 hours. Shred all jackfruit chunks by pressing down on them.
- Set the crockpot on low for about an hour.
- Serve on a bun.
- I put some mayonnaise on the bun and added some coleslaw on top.
- Add extra BBQ sauce if you’d like.
Video at YouTube
Please hit the Like button for RB40Jr.
Source: Retire By 40